AMANDA PRYNNE – JENNY WHISKEN
VICTOR PRYNNE – CAMPBELL ELLISON
SYBIL CHASE – MELISSA WILLIAMS-POPE
ELYOT CHASE – SCOTT HAYDEN
LOUISE, the French Maid – NIKI SMITH, ELIZABETH MANDENO OR PHILIPPA MANDENO
The remaining performances are:
Wednesday 7 June, 8.00 pm
Thursday 8 June, 8.00 pm
Friday 9 June, 8.00 pm
Saturday 10 June, 8.00 pm
Sunday 11 June, 2.00 pm (matinée)
CLUB NIGHT – 25 March 2017 from 7.30 pm
Torbay Community Hall
Here is a chance for anybody to find out what it’s like to be on the other side of the footlights. Come along to entertain and be entertained with dance, song, skits, games and theatre.
Non-members are warmly welcome for a taster of what we do – and maybe you would like to join! If you’ve never been, come prepared for an evening of highly entertaining edification and silliness.
Please email us or contact Lynette on 478 7911 or Jacqué on 473 5454 if you’d like to contribute a short skit, song, poem, or anything entertaining, or if you’d like to offer yourself as an actor in someone else’s skit. We’d like a little advance notice, maybe a title to put on a preliminary programme, so we can aim to balance the evening a little.
Rehearsal is up to you or as arranged (we often manage a run for anyone wanting/needing it the night before or in the afternoon on the day). Watch your email/Facebook for details closer to the day. Absolute maximum length 10 minutes, the shorter the better.
Entry $2.00 EACH for both performers and audience. Juice and nibbles will be provided. BYO drinks.
For more info, please email us or contact Lynette or Jacqué.
Following our super-successful productions of The Pirates of Penzance in 2014 and The Mikado in 2015, the multi-award-winning team at Torbay Theatre is staging Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Gondoliers in December 2016.
Auditions will be held on:
- Sunday 31 July at 2 pm, in the Torbay Community Hall and
- Monday 1 August at 7.30 pm, in the Gate Theatre, Torbay
The large cast requires FIVE principal males and FOUR principal females who are confident singers and actors, along with another EIGHT minor soloists (four female and four male) who are also members of the chorus.
As well, we require another 10-20 chorus members (both male and female) who are competent singers and/or dancers (not necessarily both!)
Auditions will take a workshop format, so we ask that all auditionees arrive at the start of the session. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes for movement, and bring an audition song with piano music or an accompaniment track if you wish to be considered as a soloist. All ages from teens up are welcome!
Rehearsals will be held at the Torbay Community Centre on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7-9 pm, and on Sundays from 2-5 pm. These rehearsals will be timetabled around cast availability, and will be organised in groups so that, initially, most cast will only be required at one or two rehearsals a week.
Production dates are from 8 to 18 December (except Monday 12th) with 2 pm matinées on the Sundays, and all other performances at 7.30 pm.
Resources can be downloaded from here:
- Character Sketches (217 KB)
- Original Libretto – this will be adapted to a certain extent (436 KB)
- Full Vocal Score (24 MB) – note the size!
Further background, synopsis, etc can be found on Wikipedia.
For more information, or to register your interest, please contact Graham Mandeno – phone (09)4735454, or click to email.
We are very proud to announce that Torbay Theatre received SEVEN out of 17 awards at the recent Auckland Community Theatre Trust 2015 awards dinner.
All the winners are listed below:
- Best Properties – Debbie Hogan, Steel Magnolias,Centrestage Theatre Company
- Best Costume Design – Lynn Carlisle, Measure for Measure,Shoreside Theatre
- Best Lighting Design – Andrew King, Artifice,Waiuku Theatre Group Inc.
- Best Sound Design – Daniel Habedank, Go Back for Murder, Shoreside Theatre
- Best Set Design – Anne Rimmer, Humble Boy, Torbay Theatre
- Best Stage Management – Daphne Goddard, Humble Boy, Torbay Theatre
- Best Male in a Minor Role – Tal Brink, Happy Days, Playhouse Theatre
- Best Female in a Minor Role – Alina Kareeva, Calendar Girls, Playhouse Theatre
- Best Male in a Supporting Role – Steve Wright, Humble Boy, Torbay Theatre
- Best Female in a Supporting Role – Jaime Kuppens, Artifice, Waiuku Theatre
- Best Ensemble – The cast of Happy Days, Playhouse Theatre
- Best Male in a Leading Role – James Carrick, Humble Boy, Torbay Theatre
- Best Female in a Leading Role – Debbie Bate, Steel Magnolias, Centrestage Theatre
- Best Director – Jacqué Mandeno & Graham Mandeno, The Mikado, Torbay Theatre
- Barfoot & Thompson Award for Outstanding Comedy – Humble Boy, Torbay Theatre
- Barfoot & Thomspon Award for Outstanding Drama – Steel Magnolias, Centrestage Theatre
- Barfoot & Thompson Award for Best Production – The Mikado, Torbay Theatre
Congratulations to all the winners and to all those who were involved in our wonderful productions last year.
We are pleased to announce that Torbay Theatre has received 22 nominations in 13 categories for the 2015 Auckland Community Theatre trust awards.
Best Properties Design
- Valerie Langford – Humble Boy
Best Costume Design
- Therie Bearsley & Daphne Goddard – Humble Boy
- Therie Bearsley & Valerie Langford – The Mikado
Best Lighting Design
- Scott Thomas & Kyle Perwick – Humble Boy
- Jonathan McDonald and Kyle Perwick -The Mikado
Best Sound Design
- Kyle Perwick – Humble Boy
Best Set Design
- Anne Rimmer – Humble Boy
Best Stage Management
- Daphne Goddard – Humble Boy
- Jim Murphy – The Mikado
Best Male in a Minor Role
- Jim Murphy – (Jim the Gardener) Humble Boy
Best Male in a Supporting Role
- Dragan Atanasov – (The Mikado) The Mikado
- Guy Davis – (Pooh Bah) The Mikado
- Steve Wright – (George Pye) Humble Boy
Best Female in a Supporting Role
- Penny Watson – (Katisha) The Mikado
- Philippa Mandeno – (Pitti-Sing) The Mikado
- The cast of Humble Boy
- The cast of The Mikado
Best Male in a Leading Role
- James Carrick – (Felix Humble) Humble Boy
Best Female in a Leading Role
- Christina McDonald – (Yum Yum) The Mikado
- Sue Gross – (Flora Humble) Humble Boy
- Anne Rimmer – Humble Boy
- Jacqué Mandeno & Graham Mandeno – The Mikado
The awards dinner will be held on 19 March.