Torbay Theatre is currently seeking submissions from new and experienced directors for next year’s shows.
We typically stage 3 to 4 shows each year
April/May – a comedy or drama with a cast of 4-6. It could be 1 single play, or 2 one act plays staged together. Staged in the Gate Theatre.
June/July School Holidays – a children’s show staged and starring local children. Staged in the Gate Theatre.
August/September – a comedy or drama with a cast of 4-6. It could be 1 single play, or 2 one act plays staged together. Staged in the Gate Theatre.
December – a larger scale (family) musical. Preferably capable of involving as many people as possible of all ages. Staged in the Torbay Community Hall.
If you would be interested in getting involved please send an email through to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Who you are
- Previous directing experience
- What play/musical you would be interested in directing
- A quick synopsis of the play/musical (a link to a wikipedia article will suffice if it’s well known)
- Cast requirements (if not covered in above)
- Details of any supporting team you would include (Production Manager, Musical Director, Choreographer etc)
- Any other supporting documents that may be of interest (script if possible, or any information about the play/musical if it may be unfamiliar to us)